Tuesday, March 17

Trying to start a blog is like ...

Writing the first post for a new blog is like jumping into a cold mountain lake...

The slower you go the more painful it will end up being and the more reasons you may find to go back onto the shore and get warm again. Every new inch of skin that you slowly expose to the frigid water allows you to relive the pain over and over again, not to mention when you finally have to dip your nether regions into the freezing water. Yikes!! Before you know it you are barely up to your armpits and it's time to go. You just put yourself through all of that pain and didn't even get to play in the water.

The only sensible way to go is to jump in all at once. You get the pain over with all at once and you are free to play for the rest of your time in the water.

I've put off starting this blog for a year now because I just didn't know how to start it. So, this is my version of jumping into the lake. Now I am free to play for the rest of my time in the water.

5 comments:

  1. Good show, old chap. Good show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you finally took the plunge. You always have been great at making up analogies, thus the hand-made book I gave to you years ago, in which to write all of them down. It's okay, I won't hold it against you that you've never written in it ONCE.

    I am glad that you are starting this blog, and am even more glad that you didn't open it up with your women's softball or post office number.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your blog is like getting out of the water after having jumped into the lake - refreshing. Oh, and is there anyway to block Jennie? Just kidding Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it, pedro. this will be a fun swim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son found you and passed you on to me. Keep going. As an artist, I am always looking for good imagry.

    James Christensen

    ReplyDelete